AspiraTM provides connected experiences for the outdoor recreation industry. Our comprehensive suite of reservation and licensing technology and service solutions support federal, state, provincial, and local government park, campground, and conservation agencies, conveniently connecting them with outdoor adventure seekers from around the world. Aspira is headquartered in Dallas, TX with nine offices worldwide. For more information, please visit AspiraConnect.com.
System Engineer responsible to provide high quality supports for wide varieties of product and service at Aspira. This position will focus on application support but not limited to just ensuring availability and stability of our products but also deliver effective technical solutions to achieve technology and business objectives. Some responsibilities include research, diagnose and repair issues. Alternatively, some solutions might be in the form of data and web form changes.
We are looking for candidates that have what it takes for this role:
1. Passionate in solving problems?
2. Love to learn new products and technologies?
3. Willing to drives stability of products?
4. Willing to adapt to changes?
5. Dislike seeing issue happened more than once?
6. A team player?
1. Firm grasp on how our applications and products work on the infrastructure.
2. Good understanding of web pages and data relationships.
3. Support and maintain health of applications. Ensure application performance is consistently up to par.
4. Write SQL queries to perform data change, research and produce ad hoc reports as required.
5. Perform web configuration changes as required as quick solution when resolving issues or upon client requests.
6. Take ownership and deliver high quality solutions for issues and requests.
7. Resolve issues and requests in timely manner with minimal supervision.
8. Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
9. Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
10. Comply with standard processes when implementing solutions.
11. Required to be on call.
1. Comprehensive knowledge on web applications. Knowledge on either JAVA-based,.NET-based or any web scripting knowledge are a major plus.
2. Familiar with Linux and Windows environment.
3. Knowledge of web technologies like ColdFusion, Apache, Jetty Tomcat or Microsoft IIS will be major plus.
4. Extensive knowledge of database queries; in Oracle or SQL servers.
5. Able to simplify complex scenarios.
6. Superb troubleshooting skills. Great problem solver.
7. Good documentation skills.
8. Must able to comply with standard processes.
9. Able to work in a team environment.
1. Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering or established professional with relevant experience. Fresh graduate with relevant education background is welcome to apply.
2. Hands on support experience with web applications on both Linux and Windows server are highly desired.
3. Work on any formatting of database queries for ad hoc report, data research and data updates.
4. Any coding or scripting experience is highly desired.
5. Experience in working in team environment.
6. Experience with supporting Point-Of-Sales or Electronic Funds Transfer applications a major plus.
Aspira is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.