Our direct client is looking for a Systems Engineer II
to join their team in Orange County, CA. This is a full time direct hire role that will start remote due to Covid. Title
: Systems Engineer II- MS Technologies Duration
: Full Time Direct Hire Location
: Cypress, CA Salary
: DOE JOB SUMMARY
The Systems Engineer II (MS Technologies) is responsible for administration, monitoring and supporting all aspects of the Windows infrastructure including, hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. The Systems Engineer II (MS Technologies) is responsible for collaborating with Field Operations and other teams in the development of the strategic design and management of the enterprise endpoint environment. The Systems Engineer II (MS Technologies) will assist in the engineering of the standard desktop platform, design and implementation of the Windows operating systems, imaging solution, product and system lifecycle management, application packaging, compatibility testing, and deployment methods. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Systems Engineering - Architects, implements and supports infrastructure and endpoint technologies.
- Assist the team with deployment, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure & endpoint technologies
- Review existing technologies for vendor support and end-of-life information
- Contribute to design, implementation, integration, and testing of infrastructure & endpoint technologies
- Contribute to system design and architectures
- Support the deployment, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure & endpoint technologies
- Contribute to identifying migration path needs
- Participate in recommending solutions of varying complexities and create strategies that consider all aspects of the customer's requirements and problem.
- Takes initiative in resolving problems that are ambiguous
- Assist the team with investigating, testing, making recommendations, and implementing solutions
- Assist the team in framing the essence of the customer's issue, and builds scalable and adaptable solutions, while considering the larger stakeholder community
- Present unbiased positions to customers and explain ideas in understandable terms
- Prior to commitment to change, works with the team to consider impact and address any issues
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques.
- Administer, monitor and support all aspects of a Microsoft-based infrastructure & endpoint environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of routine techniques, skills, equipment, and procedures
- Apply knowledge to identify and takes initiative to respond to all system problems
- Assist in the resolution of low to medium complexity issues affecting Microsoft Server, Exchange, Active Directory and SCCM.
- Support Field Operations in designing, creating, and maintaining stable and efficient endpoint images/builds using SCCM OSD.
- Ensure that processes exist for updating images and ensuring images have current software releases including patching
- Understand and provide recommendations for endpoint configurations by use of image settings, SCCM and Active Directory group polices
- Assist with the management of desktop software distribution, operating system deployment, and patch management to enterprise workstations/laptops via Microsoft SCCM
- Provide Tier 3 support to Field Operations team, responding to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problems
- Provide support to Field Operations in the tracking, management and resolution of the root cause of incidents that pertain to desktop services with the goal of preventing a future recurrence of the same or related issues.
- Work to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
- Perform system maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain documentation of assigned environment
- Works with the team to
- Takes initiative to anticipate problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other areas
- Contributes to analyzing current processes and procedures for possible improvements
- Supports the team in evaluating new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
- Identify opportunities for more efficient and effective operations through the implementation of automation and monitoring.
- Evaluate reported problems, determine issue severity and collaborate with other IT departments to resolve the reported issue
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required.
- 3+ years' experience with Microsoft Server and endpoint technologies required within the following areas:
- Windows 2008/2012 and Active Directory required
- Microsoft System Center SCCM required
- DNS, IIS and DHCP required
- Working in a complex and dispersed environment required
- Experience with setup and support for servers, clients, and client deployment required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior organization skills and multi-tasking abilities required
- Technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM deploying operating systems, applications, patch management, asset management, and desired configurations required
- Experience with technologies used to support the migration of a user's profile from one device to another preferred.
- Strong knowledge of desktop applications and how they integrate with the operating systems and other applications required
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 / 10), including registry, file management and group policies required
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Selected candidate may be asked to complete a comprehensive background, credit and/or drug screening. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation's fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.