Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation-advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC's Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Create solutions for Environmental Control & Life Support Systems (ECLSS) designs, complex problems, & integrate disparate systems & concepts
- Lead trade studies
- Author technical & engineering memos to document decisions and solutions as needed
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Define interfaces and develop Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Experience & skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration & test.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements development, system design, integration, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Domain Experience: Environmental Control & Life Support Systems (ECLSS)
- Tools Experience: DOORS, Rhapsody, DXL, JIRA, Excel VBA
- Experience in spacecraft testing
- Experience working NASA programs
- Develop test plans, test cases, and test procedures including execution scripts
- Lead Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and other formal and informal engineering discussions with teammates, customers, and external stakeholders
Complex systems experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest growing companies. Learn more about SNC
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant ====, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.