At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated engineer skilled at developing and implementing operations support systems (OSS) applications?
- Can you commit to a critical position guiding company success through the maintenance of OSS applications while developing new ones?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:
As an experienced Systems Engineer, you focus on exceeding client expectations through continuous dedication to system quality. You enhance the client experience by developing and implementing enterprise-wide operations support systems (OSS) applications and their associated operating systems and databases. You are passionate about the accurate administration of OSS applications across several divisions. Using industry-current expertise, you excel at guiding the full lifecycle of systems engineering activities for high-quality, scalable solutions.
You accelerate the development process by leading all projects through the implementation of approved system architecture and designs. You maximize the system through the development and integration of enhancements and providing process improvement recommendations. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external teams across various application development projects. You report to the Manager of Enterprise Systems Engineering goals, guidance and assistance. Position benefits
What you will do:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
Required keys for success:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Successfully plan and design innovative system enhancements by contributing to sessions with OSS Architects, Requirements Analysts, IT Operations and OSS Systems Engineers.
- Implement successful design solutions by determining feasibility, cost and functionality after a detailed review of integration capabilities and data sources.
- Drive system engineering projects through the creation of detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications and services and system enhancements.
- Release enhancements and products on time by drafting work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization.
- Mitigate system risks by developing core code modules, unit test tools, release notes for enhancements and bug fixes while implementing change control policies and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure proper OSS application installation, administration, configuration and maintenance, including an operating system and related software.
- Improve client satisfaction by providing on-call support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Minimize client impact during predetermined maintenance windows by using established change management processes.
- Maximize databases by working with administrators to configure, tune, and maintain them in a variety of languages.
- Refer to projects in the future by documenting all systems configurations and upgrades.
- Reduce system issues by monitoring and managing applications, device availability, network conditions, system reliability and performance, program maintenance and storage resources.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Two or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Two or more years of system administration experience.
- Two or more years of database support and development experience.
- Two or more years of experience in enterprise application integration (EAI).
- Three or more years of application development experience in relevant areas.
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks and testing tools.
- Expert of OSS applications and software.
- Experience choosing the appropriate lifecycle while planning, monitoring and controlling the systems engineering process.
- Proven ability to conduct design sessions to determine specific solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Track record of creating detailed documentation to show how to functionally understand new and existing applications.
- History of following and implementing established change and control policies and procedures.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid leadership and communication skills for internal and external relationships.
- Ability to troubleshoot application issues.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- One or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Two or more years of site reliability and deployment engineer experience.
- Three or more years of system administration experience.
- Experience in automated test and build development.
- Versed in automated deployment with gating, approval and risk mitigation.
- Adept in continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) architectural design processes and tooling.
- Understanding of gitlab, Jenkins and kubernetes/ openshift.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
ISY340 293001-2 293001BR