The DAC Systems Implementation Engineer is responsible for implementing overnight engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's advanced video and signal processing hardware, software and conditional access systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Works closely with planning engineers, ISP, Core, SDV, VOD operations staff on successful implementation and configuration.
- Performs BAU maintenance and supports channel adds, deletes, and system updates and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM)
- Provide Systems Administration & Troubleshooting of Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Responsible for reliable, consistent operation of video systems to provide a high quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
- Support of department projects and other duties as assigned.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years Engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of working with ARRIS/COMMSCOPE (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS)
- video delivery system.
- Minimum two (2) years of Systems Administration experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with advanced video technologies
- Minimum one (1) years of experience providing video ops support and provisioning
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday thru Thursday 9:00 PM – 8:00 AM
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems
- Hand-on experience configuring and monitoring relational databases (Sybase, PostGres, and MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience with scripting; BASH Shell, PERL, Python etc.
- Ability to manage complex engineering projects through completion with minimal supervision
- Cable / Telecommunication industry experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud hosting providers such as OpenStack