Systems Engineer II
If interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your updated resume to Melissa at email@example.com
Location: Fort Detrick, MD
The Systems Engineer will support a large program providing IT Operations support for a globally distributed legacy system, cloud-based modernized replacement system, phase-in/phase-out support from legacy to replacement, IT operations for end user devices, Information Assurance/Cybersecurity support for all systems in the suite. Environment includes roughly 1,000 servers (approximately 75% virtual, mix of Windows and Linux), 300 end-user workstations with an estimated growth between 20-25% through the end of the contract.
Provide multi-disciplinary engineering expertise as part of structured systems development life cycle process that considers both the business and technical needs of customers with the goal of providing a quality product. The environment and related development contract are leveraging DevSecOps, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), in an early stage of maturity.
Must have the experience and expertise to play a critical role in technical engineering working groups and IPTs, and must advise, guide, and collaborate with customer organizations regarding system and software architectures, mobile application infrastructure technologies, system hardware, operating system, storage, middleware, networking, database technologies, and systems engineering processes and disciplines. Required:
- Must possess or be eligible for a DoD CAC and Secret clearance
- Experience operating in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience in network design and troubleshooting, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Experience with virtualization, containers is a plus
- Must possess certification to meet the following DoD 8570 requirements: IAT Level II (CCNA Security, CySA+ (formerly CSA+), GICSP, GSEC, Security+, or SSCP)
- IAM Level II certification (CAP, CASP+, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CCISO)
- Experience with DevSecOps practices
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with application servers - JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
- Experience with Kanban implementations
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.