Position: Systems Engineer II
Our organization is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter, with a positive outlook, along with willingness and ability to work with and help others to join our team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. The Systems Engineer II will employ a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the United States Air Force Applications, Infrastructure and Systems Support (AISS) to ensure timely and accurate results.
Ability to obtain a DoD secret-level security clearance; must be able to pass a complete background check, to possibly include a credit check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the customer’s applications.
- Conduct planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Develops solutions and designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology
- Assists Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assists with Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate to users that lack understanding of common technological language/terminology.
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities.
- Aptitude to address negative situations and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Advanced degree desired or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering or related technical fields such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering or related technical or scientific fields such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems
- IAT Level II minimally (Security +)
Background and Experience:
- 6 years experience (9 desired) in Systems Administration and/or System Engineering.
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry related work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
Required Technical Skills:
- BASH and/or Powershell scripting skills
- Experience with YUM, WSUS and managing associated repositories
- Experience with automation methodologies
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Frameworks.
- Experience as 3rd level escalation point
Desired Technical Skills:
- Symantec Altiris 6.9 and GSS 3.x experience
- Windows 2016, 2012, RHEL 7.x SA experience
- Familiar with automating DISA STIG implementation
- Strong Background in Automation Engineering
- Automation development experience using VBScript, Bash, SQL, PowerShell, batch, HTA
- Strong process and engineering documentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current AISS enterprises.
- Membership in professional engineering, geospatial or agile organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Attention to detail and enjoy hands-on work
- Good decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to execute assigned tasks within deadlines
- Self-starting, proactive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comprehensive writing skills to clearly articulate issues/risks
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- 10 lbs. maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles.
- Occasionally required to stand; frequently required to walk and sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Veterans/Disabled