Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking a Systems Engineer II for a full time, direct hire position with our client in Jasper, IN. This position will work with a team of engineers to support IT operations. We encourage Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s and Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s to apply.
- Design, installation, administration, and optimization of all server and storage.
- Manages and provides Tier 3 support for all networking and systems topologies.
- Plans, coordinates, installs, tracks movement, and repairs of all network/systems/telecommunications related equipment, including but not limited to switches, routers, wireless access points, firewalls, servers, storage platforms, and telecommunications.
- Supports the EMR applications, device settings, and troubleshooting server and network problems.
- Works closely with departments, other information systems technical staff, and vendors in project planning of complex network/systems/telecommunications configurations.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes all network/systems/telecommunications data to identify trends and determine ideal solutions. Recommends and implements changes based on performance needs.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all incidents and procedures on equipment, services performed, and configuration specifications to establish a history and reference source.
- Ensures the business follows all software licensing requirements for all devices and systems.
- Designs, configures, and implements backup Strategy for all data.
- Maintains awareness of potential security issues/vulnerabilities, alerts workforce of potential security issues/vulnerabilities, and eliminates or assists in eliminating potential security issues/vulnerabilities in the business.
- Applies system security engineering principles to deliver real solutions premeditated to enhance the security position.
- Develops policies and procedures; develops comprehensive cyber security processes.
- Manages and partakes in security incident response efforts.
- Configures Windows and Linux host-based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems.
- Observes and responds to Intrusion Detection System cues and anti-virus alerts.
- Assists Help Desk and Desktop Engineering workforce in supporting their customer’s needs.
- Assists other Information Technology workforce with special projects.
- As needed, uses MSWord or Excel to compose memos, letters and reports.
- Periodically attends classes, seminars or on-site training to maintain or enhance currently needed skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience providing help desk, network or systems administration support.
- SCCM experience.
- Active Directory configuration, maintenance and administration experience.
- Windows Server administration and troubleshooting.
- VMware virtual server administration experience
- Ability to be in an on-call rotation.
- As required, work weekends for user support or project implementation.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate with outside vendors.
- MCSA, CCNA, or VCP certifications preferred.
We look forward to receiving your resume in Word format!