Systems Engineer II
Robert Half is seeking a Systems Engineer II who will assist in maintaining the integrity, availability and security of the Robert Half computing infrastructure. This position will be part of the installation, configuration, patching, monitoring and fine-tuning the infrastructure across the organization in a timely and efficient manner. This also includes understanding and monitoring the network integration and related functions for Robert Half computing systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical direction and strategy for technical system selection and deployment as a leader in the standards group in Systems Engineering team.
- Deploy systems to support Enterprise Infrastructure as well as project initiatives within Robert Half.
- Research systems engineering products and services and determine applicability to Robert Half's computing environments, creating recommendations for implementation.
- Maintain and monitor functionality of systems infrastructure.
- Work with project managers and business owners to determine business requirements for new system capabilities and take responsibility for service delivery aligned with requirements.
- Author documents - specifications, standards, procedures and policies to support Robert Half enterprise infrastructure and recommendations based on research and architecture recommendations.
- Lead process improvement efforts by providing constructive feedback, suggesting alternatives, and driving continuous process improvement.
- Architect limited scope business systems using mixture of standard and custom hardware and software to meet Robert Half's business needs.
- Bachelor s degree in IT related field required.
- 7+ years experience in Information Technology in an Enterprise environment required.
- 5+ years experience working in a large IT organization (100+ people) with a branch-based operation
- 2+ years of experience working on medium and large scale projects.
- Intermediate to advanced level demonstrated and applied experience supporting enterprise systems for a large IT organization (100+ people).
- Intermediate to advanced level experience in creating and maintaining project plans and schedules and collaborate with technical teams and management.
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding and personal experience in implementing and applying technology control processes (such as Change Management, Availability Management, Production Acceptance, etc.,) to improve service delivery.
- Preferred Certifications:
Server: MCP, VCP (Vmware Certified Professional) , Oracle Certified Associate: Oracle Solaris Operating System, Oracle Certified Professional: Oracle Solaris System Administrator, Oracle Enterprise Linux Administrator Certified Associate, Symantec - Administration of Storage Foundation for Unix
Client: MCP, CCAA (Citrix Certified Advanced Admin) or CCEE (Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer) Messaging: MCP
Storage: NCDA ( NetApp Certified Data Administrator), NCIE (NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer), Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional (Foundations), Symantec NetBackup
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP