You might be the Systems Engineer that Robert Half Technology is seeking for a job opportunity with a local client! This position is a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure, so our Systems Engineer must be prepared for such duties. Apply today and learn more about this exciting role. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Reading, Pennsylvania area.
What you get to do every day
- Grant 2nd and 3rd level support
- Take preventive action to safeguard the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Hold up redundancy strategies, backup, and security
- Take a role in the design of information and operational support systems
- Supervise and track all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, maintain, configure, and test operating systems, system management tools, and application software
- Observe and verify application performance for potential bottlenecks, mark possible solutions, and join with developers to instrument those fixes
- Collaborate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Note down and retain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks Requirements
- Candidates who have solid networking knowledge will be the best fit for this position
- Experience with monitoring systems is required for success at this position
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- Command of Active Directory
- TCP/IP experience highly desired
- Proficiency in Active Directory
- Solid understanding of DHCP DNS
- This position requires a candidate with experience with virtualization and containerization
- This position requires a candidate with solid scripting skills
- It is preferred for applicants to have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
- Candidates with solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks will be the best fit for this position
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who has experience with automation software
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.