The DAC Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's advanced video and signal processing hardware, software and conditional access systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Works closely with Headend operations staff on system design and configuration.
- Performs configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM).
- Provide Systems Administration & Troubleshooting of Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Support programming change activities
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of working with Arris / Commscope (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery system.
- Minimum two (2) years of Systems Administration experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with advanced video technologies.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing video ops support and provisioning.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Hand-on experience configuring and monitoring relational databases (Sybase, PostGres, MySQL).
- Knowledge and experience with scripting; BASH Shell, PERL, Python etc.
- Working experience providing 'on call' support on a rotating basis to resolve system/application issues after normal business hours.
- Ability to manage complex engineering projects through completion with minimal supervision.
- Cable / Telecommunication industry experience.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud hosting providers such as OpenStack.