Client Reference Code:
243874 JOB SCOPE
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving compute, storage and virtualization in our Cloud Infrastructure group. Implement and enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Support operations including maintenance, on call, triage, deployment, and planning for Cloud Infrastructure, server compute, SAN storage, virtualization, containerization, service delivery, and network operations. Participate and engage as part of a cross functional team to support the initiatives of the department and our customers. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving compute, storage and virtualization in our Cloud Infrastructure group.
- Implement and enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations.
- Support and maintain current systems for Cloud Infrastructure including Compute, Storage, Storage Networks, Virtualization, and Containers.
- Maintain, Troubleshoot, and Enhance Cloud Infrastructure systems.
- Participate architecture discussions with peer and senior engineers to ensure Cloud Infrastructure is supporting business needs.
- Participates in cross functional groups with Advanced Engineering, IT, and others to ensure collaboration and success.
- Performs other duties as requested.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with Network Attach Storage, Storage Area Networks, and File and Block based storage.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Fiber Channel switching networks and Object Store systems.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with Compute platforms (Rack Mount and Blade based technologies) and Virtualization platforms (VM Ware).
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, Server Compute, SAN Storage, Virtualization, Advanced Video, IP Networks, and Telephony.
- Ability to handle make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure with minimal supervision, as well as, handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Knowledge of Cable Television or related technologies.
- One or more of the following certifications; Cisco UCS, HPE OneView, DCUCI, HPE Virtual Connect, NetApp, VMware, RHCSA.
- Experience with SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, NFS, S3, and Block Storage.
- Experience with Object Store platforms and VM Ware.
- Prior experience with large Virtual Deployments using SAN and NAS storage solutions.
- Experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers.
- Certifications in NetApp, Brocade, or EMC Storage Platforms.
#LI-NO Job Code :
ISY350 Systems Engineer III Exempt