Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation-advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC's Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Coordinate and execute various test events such as development, risk reduction, requirement verification and other system functional/performance testing utilizing Software-in-the-Loop and Hardware-in-the-Loop test platform configurations, as well as flight hardware/software configurations
- Create solutions to enhance space vehicle power systems, complex problems, and integrate disparate systems and concepts
- Lead Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and other formal and informal engineering discussions with teammates, customers, and external stakeholders
- Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews or major technical reviews, including design and test/launch readiness reviews
- Represent System Engineering team at programmatic reviews
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements development, system design, integration, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Domain expertise: Electrical Power Systems (EPS)
- Tools expertise: DOORS, Rhapsody, DXL, JIRA, Excel VBA
- Experience in spacecraft testing
- Experience working on complex systems
- Experience working NASA programs
- Provide inputs to team status, including schedule, budget and earned value
- Metrics definition, tracking and status reporting for the position's areas of responsibility
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant ====, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.