Business Group HighlightsIntelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.ResponsibilitiesOverall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Systems Engineers develop telecommunications solutions involving computer and communications equipment. They analyze network alternatives and develop recommendations for improvements.Duties include:
- Supports the analysis, design, testing, and evaluation of network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
- Supports network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Mid-level working experience in cloud-based systems architecting.
- Network technology course/certification in TCP/IP with applied understanding of the following:
- Roles of devices in TCP/IP network
- Details of IP, ARP, TCP, ICMP and UDP
- Functions of FTP, HTTP, Telnet and other applications of TCP/IP
- Use of Voice over IP or VoIP, email messaging and multicasting
- Troubleshooting for TCP/IP issues at each network layers
- Network technology course/certification in one or more areas:
- Configuring TCP/IP on server computers
- Managing and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP
- Installing and configuring network and software infrastructure
- Configuring and managing device routing and remote access
- Monitoring and maintain network infrastructure
- Completion of a specialized wireless network course and/or certification
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)