We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer Level IV to join our OSS Data Management team (OSS DM) that primarily focuses on maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting, and upgrading the Confluent Kafka environment. Accepted candidates are expected to support these platforms as well, but are not required to already be knowledgeable as training will be provided. However, experience in these areas is a huge plus. OSS DM also supports Cribl, ELK, Splunk, Hadoop, and Velocidata. There is also a strong preference for automation skills.
The team provides internal customers with 24x7 on-call support, although each team member's rotation is around once every 8 weeks. Primary day to day duties include onboarding, troubleshooting, and automation development. Each team member works with vendors and other teams to troubleshoot issues for all products that the team maintains. Basic Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Minimum of 6 (Six) years of experience within Systems Engineering
- At least 5 (Five) years' experience with Kafka on a large enterprise level.
- Minimum of 5 (Five) years of experience supporting the Kafka platform.
- Experience working with Unix and Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration.
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers.
- Administering an on-premise, clustered instance of Kafka.
- 50% Development and Scripting.
- Integrating Kafka with a wide variety of legacy data sources that use various protocols.
- The ability to create Kafka utilization reports and dashboards.
- Experience in translating business requirements into concrete data analytic solutions
- PERL / Linux Shell Scripting / Regex experience would be highly preferable
- 24x7 on call support (one week duration around once every 8 weeks).
- Telecommunication industry experience
- Experience in automation
- Primarily with Ansible, Jenkins, and shell.
- Experience with Network, Internet / Web technologies
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Pearl, bash, etc.).
- Certifications in Confluent Kafka or to the other applications mentioned in the description.
- Team resources are required to support other data analytics platforms, as listed below. These skillsets are not required, as training will be provided, but any familiarity is a bonus.
- Confluent Kafka
- ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
#LI-AK ISY308-APO 291117 291117BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $85,900.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.