Systems Engineer - Intermediate
Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) is seeking a customer focused Systems Engineer - Intermediate
to join our team in Huntsville, AL, to provide support to the Army and to begin an exciting career within DSA.
The Systems Engineer - Intermediate
will be responsible for responsibilities including overseeing automation, data/telecommunications, visual information and records management for the Program Executive Office (PEO) Missile and Space (MS). PEO MS provides centralized management for Army Air and Missile Defense and Tactical Missile Programs as well as selected Army Space programs that leverage state-of-art technology to meet Warfighter multi-domain and full spectrum operation requirements.
The Systems Engineer - Intermediate
will establish and sustain virtual infrastructure; migrate selected mission applications from legacy environments to the latest virtual hardware/software platforms; and establish new mission applications into virtual hardware/software platforms. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the experience and skillset necessary to manage the following VMware technologies: VMware vSphere (computing), VMware vSAN (storage), VMware NSX (networking and security), and VMware vRealize Suite (cloud management)
- Remain current and well versed in the latest IT technologies
- Provide planning, implementation, monitoring, and continuously improves processes to support the Army s operation of a services management organization using commercial best practices
- Providing innovative approaches to strategic technical planning and solutions to overcome operational challenges and obstacles.
Industry best practices, DoD standards, and Army standards. Position Requirements
- Support complex tasks, including review of work products for correctness, compliance with
- Requires a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other closely related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in server management and administration, implementation, and cloud migration.
- Technical expertise in current and emerging VM and Cloud technologies.
- Must be familiar with both traditional waterfall and Agile delivery methods
- Possess knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD)/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of military programs and resources for Army systems
- Completed VMware Certified Associate(VCA) or VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or other relevant industry certifications and Comp Tia Sec+
- Experience working in large, complex IT environments
- Experience with general IT security concepts, network security and software development practices/methodologies.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embracestraining and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforceDSA's guiding principlessince 1963.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET Clearance; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, can be considered for this position.
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSAemployees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com or call #dsa209