Kforce has a client in New York, NY that is seeking a DevOps Engineer.
In close partnership with Enterprise Architecture and Application Development, the Enterprise Products and Platform Engineering team engages in the procurement, implementation, operational transition, and O&M related to low/no-code solutions (COTS, Enterprise Platforms) hosted either externally (i.e., SaaS), in the data center, or Cloud (AWS, Azure).
As a result of the TechForward transformation, the technology portfolio and skill set required for Infrastructure Engineers is undergoing changes as well. For newly hired resources we are looking for DevOps Engineers whose skill set is aligned with our TechForward strategic direction (i.e., Agile delivery, DevOps, Automation as well as AWS Cloud Technologies).
Top technical skills required for the job include:
* DevOps practices for infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and configuration-as-code (CaC)
* Development (Python, TypeScript, Go, PowerShell, Bash)
* Continuous Integration, Deployment Automation (GitHub, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, Ansible Tower)
* Configuration Management (Ansible)
* Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS)
* Orchestration (OpenShift)
* Migration and deployments to managed environments (Private PaaS/IaaS, AWS, Azure)
* Provisioning and Deployment: Aside from creating Ansible Playbooks, the DOE will provide the bridge needed to facilitate releases on the operations side; Leveraging knowledge of the entire IT stack, the DOE will guide the provisioning and deployment of each release in the local data center or the public cloud; This know-how usually extends to creating and maintaining reliable and highly available services
* Agility/Productivity: The ability to rapidly deliver against ever-changing vendor and business requirements
* SDLC: Manage the SDLC and release process for COTS applications from development through production environments, including assisting in developing automated testing to validate the solution; Work in an Agile and product delivery model to iteratively improve COTS application delivery and adapt to the changing needs of product and system owners
Security: Play an important role in enterprise security, both in development and operations; On the development side, the DOE must create secure code, be conscientious in the use of open source software, and perform vulnerability testing in the CI/CD pipeline
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.