Kforce has a client that is seeking a Systems Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennnsylvania (PA).
The main function of a Systems Engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical systems engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
* Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
* Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
* Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
* Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant field required
* 6 to 8 years of experience required
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time
* Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
* Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery
* Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue
* Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
* Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status