Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a mid level Systems Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and "game changing" trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
The selected candidate will provide support across all systems engineering activities, across the lifecycle of a surface ASW trainer. They will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts (SMEs), information assurance engineers, and other project team members working in an Agile environment. They will be responsible for executing established systems engineering practices to ensure the appropriate degree of process on each project. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
For each ASW trainer, the candidate will perform systems requirement analysis of one or more systems to include:
• Perform trade studies, requirement allocation, and interface definitions
• Develop and review model based systems engineering (MBSE) products
• Work with development team to help them understand requirements and implementation
• Work with systems integration and test team for verification and validation of requirements
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, etc.) or Computer Science
• Minimum of 4 years of experience designing and developing large, software intensive, integrated classified systems. Minimum of 3 years of experience designing, developing, and documenting systems utilizing industry best practices and tools (e.g. SysML, Cameo, DOORS). Mininum of 3 years systems engineering experience on a software intensive system
• Experience with one or more of the following: software development, requirements analysis and documentation; software integration support; software test procedures/writing test cases
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with sensor technology and signal processing
• Knowledge of ASW
• Degree and/or formal training in Systems Engineering
• Experience with Linux, Agile software development methodologies, and Atlassian project management tools.