Description Job Description:
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
The Defense Airborne Solutions Group currently has a dynamic opportunity for a Systems Engineer
, located in Manassas, VA, in support of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Aberdeen, MD and Manassas, VA. As the Systems Engineer, you will perform integration and maintenance on the Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As a part of a multi-company team, you will integrate Mission Equipment Payloads into aircraft, perform system checkout and support the Test & Evaluation team throughout the Contractor Testing and system fielding. In this role, you will report to the Senior Systems Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD.
In this role you will provide oversite to the Manassas Systems Support Team and report to the IT Integration and Support IPT Lead. You will be required to coordinate all support activates with the other Manassas site leads and the Flight Scheduling Officer. The IT Systems Support Site Lead will work closely with the Test and Delivery IPT lead to ensure that we are successful in producing a quality product for the customer, with the primary focus on troubleshooting and resolving issues found in government and civilian software solutions, airborne sensors, and hardware. You will also be responsible with providing documentation, metrics, analytics, test information, and feedback to the IT Integration Lead in efforts to close the feedback loop from support activities to integration activities, and work with IA personnel to integrate updates and patches to the system.Primary Responsibilities
- Attend flight briefings, post flight briefings, and support meetings
- Analyze requirements of the mission each mission set and ensure the required sub-systems are functional prior to flight.
- Present and explain in detail system faults and non-mission-capable sub-system issues
- Respond to all canceled flights due to Mission Engineering Package (MEP) failures
- Develop corrective action plans to be presented to the IT Integration Lead
- Design permanent solutions to be integrated in future system build releases
- Maintain account lists and validation of user accounts within each sub-system
- Plan and execute support efforts for aircraft computing systems and subsystems
- Plan, manage, and enforce equipment and software baseline standards
- Creating and maintain documentation associated with support activities
- Provide support metrics and reporting to leadership
- Maintain performance of subsystem as systems are tested and checkouts completed
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs
- Assist leadership with planning schedules and ensuring proper personnel coverage for support activities Basic Qualifications
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- A current DoD Top Secret /SCI clearance and the ability to maintain this level of clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CompTIA Security+ CE certification prior to, or within 90 days from date of start
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline with 4+ years' of experience or a Master's degree with 2+ years of related experience; additional years of related work experience required in lieu of a degree
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems
- Willing to work around flight schedule to accomplish mission that may including late night and early morning hours.
- A minimum of 50% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty location as well as CONUS test ranges.Preferred Qualifications
- Domain administration
- Experience troubleshooting and managing VMware virtualized environments
- Proficient in operating system administration (Windows, Linux, ESXi)
- IP Router and Switch configuration
- Scripting (BASH, PowerShell, and XML)
- Civilian and/or military experience with Airborne programs
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into Airborne Platforms
- ISR platform administration
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI Travel:
Yes, 50% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Standard Plus On Call Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.