Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. We will use a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to coordinate the work of multiple agile teams. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.Job Summary
A Systems Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The systems engineer will help define task success criteria and test procedures, and will contribute to the development of system engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.Primary Responsibilities
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of fully functional and viable production systems, and will interpret and enhance Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) models and views. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. He/she will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The systems engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities. He/she will become a member of our overall systems engineering team, or will be embedded in an agile development team.Basic Qualifications
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have substantive experience with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be efficient and effective at performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must have SysML or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Past experience using CAMEO Systems Modeler.
- Experience with Model-based systems engineering (MBSE).
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Test Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Experience with CUCUMBER or similar TDD automation framework.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: