Link Technologies (LinkTechConsulting.com), a Las Vegas, NV based staffing and IT consulting firm, is seeking a System Engineer for a contract position with a well-established client in Las Vegas NV.
The role of the Systems Engineer is to design and deploy system solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies required to meet those requirements. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for advanced technical support of Windows server systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, email and unified communications, security access controls, data networking, backup/DR, etc. This individual will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the enterprise applications.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of operating systems, network infrastructures and relational databases as it relates to systems related support.
- Must be a self-starter (where applicable), keeping current on new and emerging technologies relevant to the business.
- Ability to carry out activities related to new installations, upgrades and long-term maintenance support of any/all Systems software applications.
- Ability to provide input in the definition or modification of currently established processes, procedures and standards for efficiency improvement.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to accomplish specific goals or draft policies and procedures relevant to the Systems Support organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and written) with other related organizations (internal and external) to develop solutions as required. Examples of related organizations include (but are not limited to) software engineering, product management, account specialists, product assurance, regulators, and Customers. Internal communication includes peers and management within the Support Services organization.
- Ability to draft applicable Systems Engineer level documentation when necessary or as assigned.
- Ability to utilize remote connectivity solutions to provide real-time support on production systems while following compliance guidelines.
- Employment contingent upon the receipt of an approved background investigation, the ability to obtain gaming cards from various State and tribal gaming organizations and a Motor Vehicle Report
- Extensive experience in VMWare as well as HPE servers and storage
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with Windows/Linux/Azure.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell scripting and automation.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in system engineering, quality assurance, database administration, and VMWare.
- In depth proficiency in server and computer systems including, network administration, OS installation, software support, database administration, system installation/integration.
- Ability to multi-task in a challenging and dynamic real-time
- Must possess strong analytical skills; ability to perform with no supervision; possess good organizational and project management skills; strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise constructively and sets an above standard example through consistency in requirements and deliverables.
- Bachelor s degree in a technology related field, others may be considered.
- Fiber Channel is preferred
- Gaming/Hospitality experience in also preferred.