Link Technologies is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in Las Vegas, NV. This is a full-time, permanent position, responsible for a maintaining a variety of systems and suggesting improvements. As the Systems Engineer, you will be diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving system and network related issues on servers, desktops, peripherals, and related equipment.
Required qualifications of the Systems Engineer:
- Minimum 4 years of engineering experience, including Windows, VMware, Active Directory, backup/recovery
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Office 365
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrable Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, ADDS, TCP/IP and Optimization
- Experience with PowerShell and with the ability to automate processes
- Shell scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Desire to expand technical skill set
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues prior to delivering solutions to the business
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-directed and capable of collecting and analyzing data and rendering recommendations
- Detail-oriented, with proven time management and organization skills (including the ability to engage in multiple tasks and meet deadlines/standards)
- Be a positive role model and have the ability to work independently and in conjunction with co-workers of all levels
- Experience with self-assessments of Security Frameworks similar to CMMC, ISO/IEC 27000, PCI-DSS, HIPPA, GDPR..
- Experience with Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Aruba and other networking technologies a plus
- Experience with firewalls such as Palo Alto and Fortinet
- Able to deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot firewalls, managed switches, wireless controllers and WAPs.
- Familiarity with cloud solutions and architecture such as Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with disaster recovery systems.
- Experience with Hyper-V, VMware Hypervisors and Nutanix
- Ability to switch tasks frequently.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Check existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Develop new systems to increase company efficiency.
- Apply tech solutions to strengthen systems.
- Receive and relay information to and from stakeholders.
- Advise on suitable hardware and software to meet company needs.
- Acquire, install, test, and maintain project components and operating systems.
- Review the security requirements of company data.
- Customize systems from external vendors.
- Review control documents.
- Perform and create standard operating procedures.
- Manage and monitor LAN or WAN network services.
- Recommend equipment replacements, plan for upgrades, and handle purchases.
- Maintain an inventory of network devices.
- Perform routine systems and software audits.
- Address system concerns and troubleshoot hardware failures.
Link Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.