*** United States citizenship required per government contract. (dual citizenship is not permitted). A completed United States DOD clearance investigation and current, active eligibility is required to perform on this contract, and therefore is required to be considered for a position.***
Location: Washington DC Navy Yard (Remote to Start)
Period of Performance: ASAP – May 2022 (multi-year contract with options)
Main Sail is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to provide support for large Navy financial and electronic procurement, cloud-based systems.
- Perform critical analyses of engineering plans, procedures, technologies, and policies.
- Develop implementation plans for integration efforts such as Application Programmer Interfaces (APIs)
- Prepare technical reports with supporting analyses and recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate and perform SE activities
- Prepare plans and processes to provide clear guidance to Program teams that minimize integration and technical issues.
- Ensure SE processes and disciplines are seamlessly integrated into Program Operations; Perform engineering analysis and assessment of proposed requirements changes, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), design issues, and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Produce related white papers and presentations
- Update the SEP to account for acquisition policy changes, engineering planning updates and the progression of the Program through sustainment
- Assist in SE task planning, assess tasks and deliverables progress, and coordinate weekly and/or monthly status updates for SE project schedules, and meeting minutes for SE meetings and discussions.
- Develop and / or update SE technical documents to be used by the Government to provide useful process guidance to internal Program teams.
- Develop/update system performance assessment plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in any of the following Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering Minimum 2 years' experience in an engineering discipline
- Must be experienced with Agile Methodology – Scrum Methodology, Sprints, Kanban boards etc.
- DevSecOps experience a plus
- Must be capable of communicating effectively in writing as well as verbally
- Must be able perform duties on-site, at the Washington Navy Yard (Post COVID)
- Must be capable of performing effectively individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to work with minimal oversight and meet deadlines
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have short-term and long-term planning skills
Main Sail, LLC