Kforce has a client in Kirtland AFB, NM that is seeking a Systems Engineer Manager.
Our client has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer Manager to support a program located at Kirtland Air Force Base. This leader has responsibility for technical and support personnel managing the health and availability of DoD spacecraft command and control networks. The Systems Engineer Manager assists engineering to modernize and recapitalize networks, mitigates obsolescence and on/off board missions. The successful candidate will manage a dynamic mission support environment executing at high op-tempo and will have responsibility for budget, personnel, resources, contracts and sub-contracts, facilities, and business processes.
* Systems Engineer Manager will execute program processes to meet or exceed performance work statement (PWS) requirements
* Generate, manage and act on metrics for operations and sustainment performance
* Leverage staff and programs to identify/apply processes and tools to strengthen execution
* Systems Engineer Manager will manage, evaluate and grow personnel
* Accomplish business support activities including contracts, sub-contracts, budgeting, scheduling, execution tracking, finance, procurement and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliveries
* Effectively communicate informally and formally per Customer and Corporate business rhythm
* Systems Engineer Manager will support and participate in continuous process improvement and innovation
* Adapt proven and effective management practices to identify impediments and/or mitigate risks to effective program execution
* Ensure effective communication and collaboration across the team
* Systems Engineer Manager will support business development efforts to identify growth opportunities and preserve current scope
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 14 years or more relevant experience; Master's degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 12 years or more relevant experience
* Must have 8 or more years of experience dealing with Satellite and/or Satellite Ground Support Equipment
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems
* Experience developing cost and schedule deliverables and managing to baseline costs and schedules to include the identification and management of risks
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop and deliver documents and briefings and to enable working and interacting with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.