Job ID: 2112727 Location:
ABERDEEN , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has an opportunity based on contract award for a Systems Engineer Manager to provide SETA support to a PM Electronic Warfare & Cyber (EW&C) contract. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Aberdeen, MD.
Contract award expected May 2022 with contract start in August 2022.
The Systems Engineer Manager leads a team performing a wide range of complex systems engineering services to ensure the PEO IEWS is compliant with program requirements and objectives, interoperability requirements, configuration management requirements, and similar Program-Wide responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Capabilities analysis
- Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) efforts
- Joint Capability Integration and Development System (JCIDS)
- System and/or software integration, platform integration
- Interoperability with various Command, Control, and Communications (C3) systems
- Technical or operational testing
- Sustainment and refreshment of capabilities
- Configuration management, planning and strategy meetings, program review and coordination meetings
- General systems engineering, systems implementation planning and system test and evaluation services
- Prepare specifications, plans, analyses, modeling, testing, simulations and reports
- Review engineering output in the areas of systems level operation and maintenance procedures, performance improvements criteria, tools assessments, metrics management, quality assurance, configuration management, technical orders, and maintenance practices
- Conduct systems engineering trade-off analysis
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all the systems level requirements to provide an integrated solution
- IAT level II certification required as applicable
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. Often heads one or more departments.
SCOPE: Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units. Interprets company-wide policies and procedures. May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Assignments are objective oriented. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
IMPACT: Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
LIAISON: Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications. Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives. Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related scientific or technical discipline
- A minimum of twelve (12) years related experience
- Four (4) additional years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education level (i.e. 4 ADDITIONAL years in lieu of a Master's degree. Eight (8) ADDITIONAL years if no degree)
- Must have a Top Secret with SCI eligibility
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.