PIXIA is seeking a highly-motivated Systems Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will work directly with stakeholders and end-users and may serve as PIXIA’s primary technical point of contact at customers' sites. The position will require candidates to work directly with cross-functional teams and focus on identifying and implementing solutions that will have a significant impact on mission outcomes. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to work with cutting edge technologies, will enjoy working directly with a wide variety of stakeholders and will have the ability to find innovative solutions to a variety of technical and operational challenges.
- Assist team members with planning, coordinating, and implementing PIXIA’s commercial software products within customer systems to support current and future GEOINT functions, data types, and formats
- Monitor new trends within customer trade craft, emergent technologies for cloud services, and customer mission requirements and coordinate with the PIXIA team to ensure new capabilities align with future needs.
- Attend TEMs with customer stakeholders at all levels, gather requirements, capture strategic capabilities, and document necessary modifications to enterprise architectures. Work with the PIXIA development team to prioritize needs and define delivery timelines
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems
- Serve on cross-functional teams focused on transforming performance, scalability and interoperability across diverse data types and applications
- Assist the joint technical team with developing strategies for leveraging cloud-based, standards compliant web services
- Train customers on new products and applications
- Up to 50% CONUS travel for user engagement, requirements gathering, and training
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- 8-10 years System Engineering experience:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including the ability to configure core components and services associated with the AWS platform
- Familiarity with web server technologies to include Apache Tomcat and Apache Web Server
- Experience working with enterprise technologies including load balancing, auto-scaling and identify and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, GEOAxIS, etc.)
- Web services, to include RESTful, and Web Sockets technologies
- Networking technologies, e.g. advanced switching, network protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Storage technology and protocols used by SAN, DAS, and technologies for management of large volumes of storage
- Understanding of security technologies such as HBSS
- Experience in enterprise software test development, Software as a Service, cloud computing, distributed systems, database internals, and/or analytics
- Domain knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), e.g., ArcGIS, RemoteView, SOCET GXP, ENVI, etc.
- Domain knowledge of remote sensing data types, e.g., MSI/HSI Imagery, SAR, LIDAR, etc.
- Ability to install, test and troubleshoot enterprise software within physical and cloud-based environments for both Windows and Linux platforms
- Basic software development knowledge and scripting experience, e.g. bash or batch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizen
- Active TS/SCI security clearances with knowledge/experience working in the Intel Community
About PIXIA Corp.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia is a rapidly growing commercial geospatial software company leading the industry in Big Data digital access solutions. As a top technology company, PIXIA is customer-focused and forward–leaning within a fast-paced environment.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package, an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, and the opportunity to apply their skills to interesting endeavors. Potential candidates must be highly-motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to contribute to a fast-paced development team.
PIXIA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PIXIA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PIXIA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PIXIA employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.