REQUISITION ID: CN20162109-14270
Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer for a classified program focused on supporting the consolidation and design of CAN, LAN, WAN network infrastructures as well as network monitoring and problem restoration.
- This position will be responsible for the following:
- Manages design, development, implementation and operation of security programs across an enterprise serving government WAN, CAN, LAN network domains
- Manages systems security engineering activities, including credential management, device and system hardening, intrusion detection and response, information assurance, security management applications, and project engineering
- Specific duties will include providing technical security direction, oversight and implementation of the following:
- Vulnerability Scanning and remediation
- IDS, Web App, SIEM, Firewall configuration, deployment, and maintenance
- Certification and Accreditation
- Deployment, implementation and strategy of tools and related Information Security Management Systems
- Provides regular status reporting of security team projects to senior management and customers
- Responsible for process definition and assurance for information security functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete
- Responsible for senior level incident investigation
- Frequent interaction with clients and teammates
- Leads and mentor teammates
- Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering or related field,
- Six (6+) years of experience with Design, development and implementation of WAN/LAN/CAN security architectures
- Six (6+) years Networking experience (Firewall, Routers, Switches, VPN
- Six (6+) years’ experience executing configuration control processes within a security engineering discipline
- Three (3+) years of experience managing a complex security architecture consisting of multiple trust levels
- Three (3+) years experience provisioning and operation of Security networking equipment, including IDS, Antivirus, AAA, Firewall, Security Gateway, VPN appliances, and SIEM architectures
- IAM Level 2 certification; CCNA or equivalent
- CISSP certification
- Exceptiona verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills as well as strong ability to lead and mentor teammates
This position requires the candidate to already have a current TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.