Seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes.
- Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support.
- Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
- This position will involve worldwide travel, as well as on-call support.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent of a minimum of 6 years combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Operating Systems, RHEL 6.X and RHEL 7.X, Server, Workstation and Desktop,
- Experience with hardened RHEL builds, using Open SCAP and ACAS to identify vulnerabilities and implementing technical controls required to mitigate the vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Red Hat Identity Management / Identity Policy Audit (IPA) Enterprise
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite
- Responsibilities may include customizing RHEL baselines, removing unneeded services/RPMs, and customizing the OS to support specific server and desktop hardware platforms.
- Responsibilities include engineering, testing and deploying servers and desktops using Red Hat Satellite provisioning services.
- Responsibilities include engineering, testing and deploying applications and updates using Red Hat Satellite Puppet services.
- Responsibilities may include troubleshooting RHEL application issues
This position requires the candidate to already have a current TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.