There is an immediate Systems Engineer opportunity through Robert Half Technology for Los Angeles, California candidates. This Systems Engineer position is a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure. Candidates seeking career-building opportunities in the Media field, might want to look into this recently available long-term temporary position. Qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible!
We are looking to present candidates immediately and this Systems Engineer position will not be open long. You can apply for this position today by sending your resume to Brendan.Steele@RHT.com or by contacting (310) 719-7356 Extension 26643. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendan-steele-177770101/
How you will make an impact
- Head and keep a close watch on all installed systems and infrastructure
- Compose and sustain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Maintain, install, configure, and test system management tools, application software, and operating systems
- Take preventive action to safeguard the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Ensure 2nd and 3rd level support
- Band together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies Requirements
- Experience with automation software
- Applicants should have solid scripting skills
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- If you have experience with monitoring systems, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- Solid networking knowledge
- 5+ years of relevant experience - Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
- VMware experience
- Practical knowledge of MS Windows Server 2012
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- SharePoint experience
- Foundational knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Well-founded grasp of Microsoft Windows Server OS
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- General familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Applicants should have experience with virtualization and containerization
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.