Job ID: 2203203 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC's Systems Engineer will design, review, and evaluate engineering designs and plans for Secure Web and Application Services, Virtualization and Cloud Services, and Enterprise Storage and Backup Services. The Systems Engineer will provide technical guidance for Windows and Linux platform engineering teams and integrate and deploy open source frameworks, products, packages, and/or application stacks into a production system. Qualifications
- Required Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in one or more of following systems engineering activities:
- Performing systems planning and coordinate/connect IT systems
- Expanding and/or modifying established systems to serve new purposes or improve workflow
- Working within Window, Linux, and/or virtual environment
- Utilizing version control or tracking software such as Subversion, Github, JIRA, and/or Confluence
- Preparing cost estimations, function/timeline analysis, data flow diagrams, and program/user documentation
- Establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Gathering, analyzing, and translating complex system requirements into specifications
- Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline. Note that years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience using AWS or other cloud services
- Using scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, Shell, or Python
- Working within an Agile development environment
- Building, configuring, and maintaining servers including Window Server and MS SQL Server
- Working with enterprise storage solutions
- Building deployment and continuous integration systems using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, or similar
- Utilizing configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or similar
- Certifications: Security+, Scrum Master, Red Hat Certified System Engineer, or AWS Solutions Architect, etc.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion , which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom .
My SAIC Benefits.