Join SAIC, and help address the nation's most pressing and complex challenges. SAIC works with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. W e have an opening for a motivated, dedicated and energetic Systems Engineer Level 5 to support one of our Programs within the Intelligence Community in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Position duties will include, but are not limited to:
Java Software Developer, familiar with aspects of Search and Content Discovery Engineering that includes definition, design, development, integration, testing, deployment, and engineering life cycle support.
Experience in programming and large system software design and development, with knowledge of UNIX/Linux utilizing Agile methodology.
As a member of a large Search and Content Discovery team the candidate will assist in several projects; Faceted Search, Federated Search, Enterprise Catalogs, Really Simple Syndication (RSS) Feeds, Web Dispatcher, Image Search, White Pages Search, plus searching by subject, country, and other relevant categories. The search capabilities will be maintained across multiple communities on multiple fabrics.
Candidate will work closely with the client to satisfy rapidly emerging requirements and must be able to work as part of a team to design and implement solutions that meet the customer's issues and concerns.
- Develop and maintain Java software applications using Agile software development techniques
- Support software application migration from an on-premise data center to a cloud environment
- Consult with the business process owners, customers, users, and constituents to develop and analyze customer requirements
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the team in the performance of project tasks
- Perform application testing
- Create and maintain application documentation
Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Required Qualifications: - Agile development experience
- Application Server Experience with Agile development
- Java Development JDK 1.7 / 1.8 (or higher)
- J2EE Technologies
- REST API, SOAP
- Apache Web Serve / Apache Tomcat Server
- HTML, CSS & Webservices
- RedHat Linux
- Customer interface experience
Top Secret/SCI with polygraph required.
Desired Qualifications: - GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus Repository, CloudFormation
- Integrated Development Environment
- AWS Technologies (API Gateway, S3, Lamba, etc.)
- Testing experience, including automated testing
- Relational SQL
- Cloud development experience
My SAIC Benefits.