Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis. Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. Qualifications
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience. Four additiona years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Provide analysis and leadership to systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware design and performance as well as network architecture and routing.
- Experience working on computer/network infrastructure design and optimization.
- System and Network Admin experience with remote support.
- Experience developing schematics, parts lists, wiring diagrams and assembly diagrams.
- Experience selecting hardware to meet government production requirements.
- Experience reviewing documents, and drawings produced by other engineers and drafting personnel.
- Experience coordinating with various engineers, analysts, and technicians to solve complex problems.
My SAIC Benefits.