Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The Challenge: Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the government space? What if you could find a position that is tailor made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? That's why we need you, an experienced Systems Engineer, to help us evaluate and guide SIGINT pilot programs as they evolve to commercial trends like Agile development, Cloud migration, and streamlined DevOps deployments. You will inform the Govt Program Management Office on the successes and challenges of the pilots as well as provide recommendations for modifications and future evolutions. This is an opportunity to build your experience with using the latest open source tools, trends, and techniques on technical issues supporting the mission of our Intelligence Community Customer.
Let us help you in building your career while you provide mission critical support to the warfighter. When you join Perspecta, you can expect a culture that focuses on supporting our employees, opportunities that provide stability while offering variety. You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our online learning portal. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing another degree or certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success. We will also take care of you financially, by providing a benefits package that is un-matched and puts money back into your paycheck. Let us pay a significant portion of your medical, dental, vision premiums, give you extra PTO days and a monetary bonus once a year (on top of yearly performance assessment)!
- The sytems engineer, using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D. More than 7 years experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering.
- Experience supporting agile acquisition strategy, development and release planning, and continuous integration initiatives supporting mission capability releases enabling End to End missions.
- Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and collaborate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Familiarity with overall SIGINT ground customer, technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more SIGINT systems.
- Ability to work for specific IC customer and familiarity with that customer's processes and organization.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).