Solidus is searching for a Systems Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a group that performs systems engineering tasks for all phases of prototype systems development, from early design studies to final sell-off. We require the services of an Engineer I to support systems engineering tasks from the design phase through testing.
- Support the group in systems engineering activities for a suborbital payload that includes hardware and software/firmware.
- Tasks will include: requirements development, refinement, and flow-down, interface specification and management, environmental specification, planning (including writing plans and procedures) for and execution of the assembly, integration and test phase and the verification and validation efforts.
- Work individually and in teams and be able to present and discuss their work internally and with external partners.
- ship and an Active Secret, TS preferred
- PhD plus 5 years relevant experience, MS plus 8 years relevant experience, or BS plus 11 years relevant experience
- Experience with systems engineering for complex systems
- Experience with space, aerospace, or other rigorous processes for system integration and test
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in teams
- Experience with SysML
- Experience with MagicDraw
- Familiarity with advanced hardware development and the interaction between hardware and software
- Experience with hardware environmental testing, e.g. vibration, thermal, vacuum, EMI/EMC
Req ID: 3876
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.