Join this multi-year project supporting a Federal agency on the forefront of world altering events! Our Herndon, VA based client has an urgent need for a Systems Engineer. Be part of a team providing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments. Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly.
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques
- Analyze business applications and design specifications
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades, and patches
- Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to help desk tickets including, server failures, full systems outages, and troubleshooting
- Assess server loads and work with Technical Leads on developing tuning recommendations
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Backup services such as Veritas NetBackUp
- Windows Administration
- Tape and virtual tape libraries
- Server troubleshooting
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be US Citizens with an active TS/SCI FS Poly
- Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
- Experience with Solaris and/or Linux
A Thousand Reasons to Give Referral Program:
Refer a friend and you both can earn $1,000 if we place them in a new job or contract opportunity! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, just send your friend's contact information to us at email@example.com. Please click here for more information on this referral program.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
- Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
- Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism and trust.
- We Care About You – We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.