Description: Lockheed Martin is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in our Lorton, VA office. The ideal candidate will work in a systems engineering position on the Mission Operations team. Individual will work rotating 12 hour shifts consisting of 3 daily 12 hour shifts, then 2-3 days off before returning on the opposite 12 hour shift for 3 days. Applicants should be have experience documenting software, systems, or security requirements, understand software development, and support to the testing of those requirements in a time-dominant environment. Applicant should be a proficient communicator to all skill levels, be able to respond effectively to changing situations, and be able to properly prioritize, status, and work multiple tasks. Applicants should be capable of working in an operational environment and working closely with customers. Applicants will work with customer(s) and developers to identify and define required changes to operational system requirements. Applicants are expected to maintain proficiency in current and emerging technologies and employ those technologies as applicable while serving as technical resource to government and contractor personnel.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft operating and development environments to include MS Visual Studio, MS Office, and various databases methodologies preferred.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
**This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.**
Must have experience in one or more of the following skills:
-- Ability to read, understand, and follow documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability critically think through anomaly resolution
- Excellent problem solving skills, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicating and coordinating work among system administrators, software developers, systems engineering teams, project engineering, management and customers to resolve high level PRs
- Must be able to manage multiple activities and external customers with minimal guidance/supervision
- Experience working in a 24/7 operations environment
- Ability to assess and triage operational anomalies quickly
- Ability to coordinate resolution activities utilizing multiple teams from different geographical locations
- Basic knowledge of networks, firewalls, and switches is desired
- Knowledge of system or application administration for web-based applications, web-based COTS products is also desired
- Ability to read and understand software baseline transition documentation
- Ability to drive innovation and efficiencies in the processes used to support operational transitions and anomaly resolution
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.