Only United States citizens are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time and can only staff with a person working directly for our company.
You are a collaborative and highly skilled Principle Systems Engineer, who is accomplished, experienced and ready to meet new challenges. Protecting our nation while advancing the future defense of our world through technical ingenuity excites you.
Your contribution is vital to everything we build. As you drive the next phase of your career, you will find solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor team members by sharing your insight and experience. The RIS culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and define the future of aerospace and defense.
By location, our emphasis is on the following:
• Denver: Builds world class satellite ground systems
• Dulles: Builds UAV and satellite ground systems
• Dallas: Builds cloud based systems that produce and disseminate custom products by utilizing the latest tools and processing techniques
• All locations: counters national security threats through cyber solutions
As a Principal Systems Engineer on our Program, you will contribute to a team of engineers in the accomplishment of System Engineering tasks in an iterative development environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for integrating products as part of a large ground system, troubleshooting errors, defining requirement verification methods, developing test procedures, and working closely with System and Software engineers as part of an agile like team
• Assist other engineers with defining the future architecture roadmap for integrating, testing and deploying future capabilities
• Planning and coordinating with multiple discipline engineering/maintenance teams to address technical issues
Clearance Requirement: Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with an active TS/SCI
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• 8+ years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record
• Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and change management process
• Experience with requirements analysis and management
• Experience in functional decomposition, use case development, interface analysis and definition
• Knowledge of and experience working in DOORS
• Proven ability to meet timelines
• Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
• Knowledge of component level integration and test
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work, and communicate, with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
• Ability to set and communicate engineering expectations and excellence standards across the SE team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Experience in mission management
• Experience in an Agile or DevOps development environment
• Domain experience preferred
B.S. Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a STEM related degree and 8 years prior relevant experience or 16 years of experience in lieu of a degree