Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. ResponsibilitiesThe contractor develops and oversees the execution of long-term data security strategies to maximize systems, applications and infrastructure quality and efficiency. Viewed as a change agent and champion of NGA's data security vision, mission and values. Provides technological, business and tactical guidance and leadership to the CDO/DCDO. Identifies opportunities for enhancing the Data security capabilities to support and achieve overall agency objectives. Keeps current with technical and industry advances and may represent CDO with external industry boards or organizations.Duties include:
- Identifies opportunities for enhancing the data security capabilities to support and achieve overall agency objectives
- Successfully collaborates with various levels of the organization, including the executive team
- Identify improvements to processes and workflows, related to physical and logical data protection
- Collaborate with Information Security, Network Security and compliance teams to validate that Data security design, processes and procedures align with broader agency policies, standards and requirements.
- Plan and execute the protection of information found on NGA networks, working with employees to make sure they are educated on security protocol
- Participates in team discussions to understand and provide inputs to system security requirements
- Leads day-to-day delivery to ensure team meets or exceeds service level obligations to internal customers.
- Lead work investigating complex technical matters on a global scale spanning multiple disciplines such as storage technologies, network security, identity management, data destruction methodologies, and workflow integration.
- Achieves CDO/DCDO's Data security operational objectives.
- Able to impart focus by developing clear goals and priorities.
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects / initiatives.
- Collaborates within team to clarify work objectives, address and resolve issues, and generate creative solutions to challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent Expert level experience as a Data Security Engineer
- 12+ years of experience in information security or related field
- Demonstrated experience developing data security standards
- Experience in AWS (S3, RDS, CloudWatch, EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Symmetric Key Cipher and Asymmetric Cryptography
- Experience in application level, database, file system and full disk encryption
- Experience with Talend, Sqoop, AWS Glue or related data transformational tools
- Experience in Hadoop
- Experience in AWS (S3, RDS, CloudWatch, EC2, etc.)
- Experience in MPP databases (such as Aurora, Redshift, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum)
- Knowledge of Oracle
Salary Minimum: $93,870.40
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).