Feasterville, PA Description:
Company: Solid 100 year old company
Location: Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Duration: True contract to hire.TOP SKILLS Required: O365 and AD. Veeam or another backup technology would be a plus,NOTE: For a quick response, pls apply direct to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Systems" on the subject line. If you have the required experience, i assure you an opportunity to interview with our client.Thank you!
The Sr. Systems Engineer reports to the Manager of Systems Administration. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing in both a tier 2, Systems Admin, and a tier 3, Server Engineer capacity. Regular administration duties include day-to-day support of the IT operating environment, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, O365 administration, Windows servers, Storage Administration, etc. Additionally, this person will be expected to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions, as well as be the escalation point for other team members and the helpdesk. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the daily operations of the on-prem and cloud-based technology infrastructure platform.
2. Monitor the availability of the IT environment and restoration of the Infrastructure.
3. Provide guidance in the creation of roadmaps, standards and procedures.
4. Ensure all infrastructure solutions and operations adhere to the security and operating policies of the company
5. Lead and coordinate periodic upgrades and patching initiatives.
6. Provide primary technical input for any server or storage infrastructure solution.
7. Maintain/update enterprise IT standard operating and escalation procedures, and other IT documentation as directed by management.
8. Be escalation point for team members and the helpdesk. REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 8+ years client/ server/storage experience
- Expert knowledge in Windows Servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Network Security Policy Server, DFS and Enterprise Storage
- Expert Knowledge with VMWare ESXi virtual server platforms
- Proven skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems with a large-scale IT distributed systems of over 500 users.
- Ability to analyze and determine root cause and escalate to IT management, as needed, for timely resolution of IT system outages
- Ability to compile operating data/statistics and prepare performance reports
- Knowledge and experience with Linux is a plus EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent vocational training or experience
- MCSE, CCNA ADDITIONAL DUTIES/REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong background working in an IT Operations environment is recommended.
- Familiarity with change management practices in an IT operating environment
- Familiarity with various IT industry best practices
- Available to work extended hours when required.
- Participate in emergency on-call rotation.
- Ability to work with internal IT clients of varying abilities
- Server as mentor to junior technicians
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-starting; willingness to take personal initiative and lead others
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills Contact: email@example.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com