Scientific Systems Engineer- Immediate Start - Funded position
Job Category: Systems Engineering
Number of Openings : 4
Location: United States-Maryland-College Park
Position Type: Fulltime
Minimum Clearance: Public Trust Level 5
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
USIT is looking for a Scientific Systems Engineers to support a major Federal client in the College Park, MD area.
Matchless...Value and Execution
The ideal candidate shall have expertise in setup, configuration and administration of MS Windows and OS X Scientific Workstations and integrating them with Active Directory/etc..
Independent, motivated individuals with good oral and written communication skills. And a Minimum Clearance: Public Trust Level 5
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Perform software application maintenance on scientific workstations running a variety of operating systems including Mac OS X, Windows (some Linux).
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring, applying operating system patches, Antivirus updates
* Detect, isolate, document, rapidly report, and resolve system outages or problems encountered during operations of the scientific workstations, which includes the collections of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
* Accurately document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
* Work directly with the customer in most aspects of the day-to-day activities
* Respond to user calls regarding hardware and software problems, correcting or ensuring that problems are escalated when required. Communicate with users and senior management the status of key problem statuses
* Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of computing infrastructure
* Maintain and troubleshoot all hardware associated with end-user computing, including printers, workstations, router switches, etc.
* Implement continuous improvement methodology through the use of IT systems or procedure
* Maintain inventory of system assets
* Ensure compliance with FDA standards and security policies
: To be considered for this positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
Position I :
* BS with 2+ years' experience or AS with 4+ years' experience
o Degree fields include hard science, chemistry, physics, engineering, information systems, computer science, MIS
* 2+ years of experience in the following areas:
o workstation administration experience, where candidate has installed, configured Windows / Mac systems
o Experience in troubleshooting Windows / Mac workstations
o Installed and configured workstation security services
o Experience troubleshooting lab instrumentation systems and software
* Ability to communicate about issues, progress, and plans
Position - II
BS with 5+ years' experience or AS with 7+ years' experience
* Degree fields include hard science, chemistry, physics, engineering, information systems, computer science, MIS
* 5+ years' workstation administration experience, where candidate has installed, configured Windows / Mac systems
* 4+ years of experience in the following areas:
+ troubleshooting Windows / Mac workstations.
+ Installed and configured workstation security services.
+ Windows / Mac architecture, scripting
+ troubleshooting Linux / Windows / Mac systems and software.
+ troubleshooting lab instrumentation systems and software.
+ automate system maintenance via scripting
* 4+ years of experience working on multiple projects and manage time efficiently
* Ability to communicate about issues, progress, and plan
Desired Qualifications: - Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
* Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
* Windows 7 and Windows 10
* Mac OS
Clearance needed (must have an Active Clearance)
Minimum Clearance: Public Trust Level 5
USIT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of USIT U.S. Technologies
Apply for this Position
Send to a Friend