Universal Avionics Systems Corporation, an industry leader in avionics systems technology is looking for an Avionics Systems Engineer for our Northwest Engineering Division located in Redmond, WA. A successful candidate will be responsible for the systems engineering of safety-critical avionics products, including facilitating GPS/GNSS sensor integration and support activities.
Join a highly engaged and collaborative team of various engineering disciplines that pioneer and maintain the Universal Avionics product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop (or revise) content for the functional description document, system requirements data, interface description document, design verification test procedures, and human factors test procedures.
- Ensure system requirements are allocated and traced to subsystems e.g. hardware, software, and/or database.
- Develop (or revise) content for the FAA regulatory compliance matrix report(s) and justify compliance rationale.
- Perform systems bench testing, human factors testing, problem report investigation/testing, preliminary safety assessments, and take action to resolve test discrepancies.
- Ability to perform systems activities on a project, recommend process and product improvements and support ROM estimates for business proposals.
- B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Math discipline.
- 4-7 years of work experience in an aerospace environment (depending on education).
- Knowledge of avionics, systems engineering, design, requirements definition, problem solving and analysis, embedded systems and architecture, system verification and validation, regulatory requirements and compliance reports.
- Team player with professional attitude capable of performing in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in avionics systems engineering or equivalent aerospace experience.
- Pilot license and familiarity with flight deck avionics, navigation, communication, and flight management systems.
- Experience with lateral and vertical flight guidance control laws.
- Experience with use of Matlab or similar tools for modeling is beneficial.
Universal Avionics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.