Description Job Description:
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for Systems Engineer with Cloud Experience to provide Agile DevOps mission critical support to our customer. In this role, you will provide expertise to an Enterprise Monitoring team tasked with devising and implementing a coherent strategy for infrastructure monitoring and alerting across a multi-network environment (including on-premise and cloud environments). The ultimate objective of the team is proactive, automatically deployed monitoring that sends alerts when potential issues first appear, allowing the appropriate teams to resolve those issues before mission users are affected. This role supports software systems development in an Agile environment, including documenting system needs, system interfaces, and data sources; and supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines Agile features into actionable user stories to be delivered by the systems engineer and the rest of the team. The desired candidate demonstrates a combination of abilities, including system design and analysis as well as communication, mathematical and business skills. They implement new systems, correct software and configuration errors in existing systems, and improve performance through software upgrades. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, solution development, training, security, and testing is also desired.Primary Responsibilities:
- Leverage AWS (creating CloudFormation scripts, automate processing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, etc) in the development and hosting of system monitoring solutions
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
- Responsible for end to end development environments
- Create patterns that allow application teams to plug their application servers and cloud elements into the Enterprise Monitoring suite without Enterprise Monitoring team involvement at server provisioning stage
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Utilize experience with monitoring tools (such as Nagios and SolarWinds) including installation and configuration to improve implementation and address evolving system needs.
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Support training Help Desk, Tier 2, and application development teams in the usage of system monitoring solutions.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
- Rotate between O&M to Dev Ops roles as required for Agile processes
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing solutions in AWS
- Extensive experience with AWS-native monitoring tools (CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
- System design and development experience
- Integration of systems experience
- Experience with system monitoring COTS products
- Requires Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12-13 of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working on IC systems
- Understanding of IC system development policies
- Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
- Candidate must be .
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.