Business Process Design - Consultant
Are you a talented technology professional that focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Business Process Design Consultant, you help clients work across their custom software develop projects, gathering requirements, working between the business and technology professionals. Work you'll do
As a core member of our Functional team, you work within an engagement team to create software solutions that help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business. You won't work alone. You'll work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues. You'll engage in:
The Team Systems Engineering
- Project and Program Management
- Requirements Elicitation and Management
- Joint Application Design Sessions
- Creating Robust, Effective, Scalable Solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Engineering practice . Business Process Design Consultants are required to have:
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience working on projects related to custom software development and across the SDLC;
- 2+ years of experience in requirements engineering, which should include functional and business analysis experience;
- Experience in gathering and synthesizing requirements and conducting requirements analysis;
- A background in functional design, with specific experience creating process maps;
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field;
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time at the national level.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How you'll grow
- Exposure to SDLC, Agile, DevOps and CI projects;
- Experience in design activities including participating in design sessions and understanding business processes working on large-scale custom software development projects;
- Experience working with distributed teams;
- Experience documenting technical requirements based on client interviews;
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering, writing and analysis;
- Experience working in a collaborative environment;
- Experience with work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience documenting test cases from test scenarios and requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.