Systems Engineering Consultant Work you'll do
The System Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation of requirements and technical designs, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. The position analyzes and defines user requirements, procedures and problems. As well as designs system solutions and specifications that incorporate software, data, network and hardware requirements.
The System Engineer develops solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. Ensures system designs are compatible with tile architecture. Identifies and evaluates the relevancy of COTS and GOTS to satisfy user, mission and system needs. The position manages user and mission requirements ensuring accurate documentation, thorough evaluation and complete traceability from inception through closure.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that incorporates technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into technical specs.
• Consult with management to ensure agreement on system requirements.
• Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
• Analyze and study complex system requirements.
• Plan, analyze, and design information systems to solve mission needs and requirements.
• Perform lifecycle systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
• Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
• Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects. The team
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Required skills:
- Minimum 2+ years, up to 15+ years of Systems Engineering experience in DoD and IC Mission Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited college or university is required.
How you'll grow
- Minimum of 2+ years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience.
- Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly desirable.
- Digital Engineering
- Cameo Systems Modeler
- Model-based System Development (MBSD)
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.