Functional Senior Consultant - Life Sciences (All consulting office locations)
Are you a talented professional that focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Functional Senior Consultant, you act as the liaison between the business and the technology, working with clients in the Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical space, helping to define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems. Work you'll do
As a Functional Senior Consultant you will bring functional solutions to clients having at least 5 years of experience in the Life Sciences space working with commercial clients with specific experience in Life Sciences, R & D terminology, working with standard industry applications and databases in this field, with an emphasis on technology. You'll understand technology as it relates to commercial Life Sciences companies. In addition you'll:
The Team Systems Engineering
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
- Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Functional Senior Consultants are required to have:
- Bachelor's degree in /Engineering or other related discipline or the equivalent experience
- Total 5+ years of relevant IT Consulting experience
- 3+ years' experience in requirements engineering, functional and business analysis
- Experience working on projects related to custom software development and across SDLC
- Experience in gathering and synthesizing requirements and conduct requirements analysis
- Background in functional design and creating process maps
- Work experience with tools like ARIS, IBM Requisite Pro, or other similar BPM tools
- Ability to travel 80-100 percent nationally on a weekly basis.
- Experience working with Clinical Trail Management Systems (CTMS) is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
How you'll grow
- Exposure to SDLC and Agile,DevOps, CI projects
- Experience in design activities including participating in design sessions and understanding business processes.
- Exposure to working with distributed teams
- Experience in documenting technical requirements based upon client interviews
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering, writing and analysis
- Ability to develop test cases from test scenarios/ requirements
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.