SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Systems Engineering Lead in National Capital Region to support a Federal agency. Join SAIC's team to provide end users seamless information technology experience leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for this federal agency.
The Systems Engineering Lead responsibilities can include:
- Manages architectural design, engineering, planning, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and upgrades to systems across the enterprise.
- Systems supported may include servers, workstations, tablets, smart phones, and other devices utilized to access and generate data.
- Tasks include requirements definitions, analysis and engineering, integration activities, validation and verification, operational maintenance, and performance analysis.
- Supervises the design, analysis, planning, modification, and maintenance of workstations and workstation components supporting end user computing activities that enable the end user to access resources and generate deliverables.
- Works with vendors for prototyping, testing, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Coordinates with corporate and government customers to develop and determine requirements and adapt to changing needs.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture policies and industry best practices.
- Leads the design in system specifications, input/output processes, and parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves highly complex program support deficiencies.
- Supervises the design, testing, and implementation of operating systems, enterprise services and management of IT systems and applications.
- Will manage the endpoint management systems to provide a secure computing environment, to include delivery of relevant and necessary software, relevant and necessary security patches and providing detailed reporting on hardware assets, software assets and current configuration posture.
- Directs incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Researches and evaluates capabilities and tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT strategy.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of technical and non-technical issues.
- May be involved in all aspects of the infrastructure in a classified environment including clients, servers, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, messaging, communication services, collaboration, and data availability.
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
This position is contingent upon contract award.Qualifications Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree required; BS in STEM or Business preferred.
- Must have DOE Q might also need DOD TS Security Clearance.
- Experience supporting both classified and unclassified IT environments.
- Experience in Enterprise IT Managed Services preferred supporting at least 100 sites and 3,000 end users.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more experience with Virtualization including Cloud/Systems/Platform Development.
- Azure/AWS Certified Solution Architect required.
- Must be a .
- CONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) preferred.
My SAIC Benefits.