Description: Are you interested in an exciting and challenging management role at Lockheed Martin? Our Cedalion team needs a leader who can lead our Operational Support Team that is responsible for one the preeminent Geospatial Intelligence systems in the world - over 10,000 intelligence analysts and decision-makers worldwide daily rely on Cedalion for critical intelligence and geospatial data management. In addition to meeting today-s critical intelligence mission needs, we are working on evolving future automation and artificial intelligence solutions for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). We need the best leaders on our team to ensure mission success!
The selected candidate will manage the Cedalion Operations and Support team as one of the key program areas with the Cedalion O&S and Development Program. This includes supporting high priority operational issues, providing care and welfare of the deployed systems, supporting scheduled maintenance releases and providing problem reporting and user accesses needs. Ideally, we'd like this technical lead to work out of Springfield, VA, at the customer site, but not mandatory.
- Experience in an Operations and Support (O&S) environment including personnel and technical management as well as program process generation, documentation and maintenance.
- Experience in team leadership and demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute complex technical tasks across multi-shift teams and between organizations that provide 24/7 help desk support.
- Demonstrated ability to represent Lockheed Martin and the Cedalion program status at customer meetings, briefings and must have experience in communicating status, technical updates, issue resolution, risk mitigation strategies, contingency plans, and negotiation with Senior Level Federal Govt. customers.
- The candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- The candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance prior to start.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level and to distill complex technical and management data to a laypersons understanding with conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Ability to organize complex concepts in written or presentation formats.
- Ability to clearly present information, verbally and in writing, to audiences of diverse technical backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, technically innovative and creative.
- Demonstrable continuous improvement mindset to incorporate more efficient tools, processes, architectures.
- Ability to clearly articulate new ways of doing business, demonstrating the business case to make a change and working to gain leadership and holistic program buy-in.
- Technical Leadership Experience with Geospatial, Image Intelligence, and Situational Awareness systems.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Experience working collaboratively with system engineering and test engineering.
- Experience with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Familiarity with the Cedalion system, the NSG enterprise, Customer and User community.
- Experience developing proposals, supporting on-contract growth efforts, Metrics Generation, Risk / Opportunities Management, and Schedule planning.
- Experience with Remedy or similar problem reporting tool, Hypiric, Nagios or similar service/application monitoring tool, VersionOne, GenBOE, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.