Job ID: 219274 Location:
EL SEGUNDO , CA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer SME to join our team in El Segundo, CA. for the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (MSEIT) effort provides leading edge Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) for the Air Force's Space and Missiles System Center. We support the Air Force's acquisition of state of the art Military Satellite Communications systems, providing global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nation's warfighters. We seek technical individuals who will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment of small teams, using the most modern tools and methodologies to tackle the challenges of integrating complex space and ground communications systems.
- Apply Model Based System Engineering to support development of the program technical baselines
- Analyze system requirements that define the technical baseline and verification of the technical baseline
- Work with Government and contractor personnel to close gaps in flow of customer requirements down through the system and component levels
- Lead and supporting Government/Contractor Working Group meetings-by creating briefings, leading discussion, and writing minutes to resolve risks, requirement gaps, and action items
- Review proposed changes to the technical baseline for impacts to capabilities and to cross-stakeholder integration concerns
- Facilitate review of program documents by providing comments, compiling other reviewer comments, and working with contractor to adjudicate the comments
- Serve as a subject matter expert to assess technical issues and to prepare briefings to U.S. Air Force management
- Support management of risks, issues, interdependencies, identifying schedule disconnects and conflicts, developing action plans for resolution, and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions
- BS in engineering with specialization in Communications systems
- Knowledge of the MILSATCOM LDR and XDR waveform and protocols
- Proficient in using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- 15+ years' demonstrated experience with space or aeronautical systems engineering & integration programs and projects
- 15+ years' working in a collaborative team environment developing technical baseline/systems specification, verification or analysis using engineering applications and simulation models
- 10+ years' experience with MILSATCOM, such as MILSTAR, AEHF, EPS, TSAT, WGS, FAB-T terminal programs
- Experience working with military or DoD civilian clients
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain an active DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Management qualifications, such as MBA or PMP
- Systems engineering certifications, such as ESEP, CSEP, OCSMP
- Experience with ground and airborne systems, such as terminals and networks
- Experience with communication satellite/terminal performance analyses, link budgets and interfaces
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.