Business Group HighlightsIntelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
Perspecta, Inc. is prime contractor for the Systems Engineering and Integration for the NSG program which consists of 20 corporate teammates and >550 engineers. SE&I services include: project management, architecture definition, requirements and interface definition, schedule analysis, security engineering, development oversight, systems tests, enterprise readiness and transition, and data center operations.
Due to growing demand of services, the program requires an additional Engineering Supervisor to lead the Perspecta Sensor SE&I Team. The SEM provides management to the Perspecta personnel, including, career planning and development, performance assessment, merit planning, staff recognition, disciplinary actions, and career and technical advice for the functional team. The SEM provides key support to the Program Management Office by reviewing and editing position descriptions for staffing needs, creating and maintaining staffing plans, and coordinating the recruitment of qualified candidates for open positions.
Each Engineering Supervisor has a program position (technical or business related) that requires at least 80% of their time. Commitment for management responsibilities rises and falls, but averages the remaining 20%.
A strong understanding of systems engineering & integration (SE&I) programs is essential. The role also requires the ability to work in a multi-government, multi-contractor, dynamic environment with a geographically diverse team. The preferred candidate must possess exceptional organizational and communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and be a proven self-starterQualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- Candidate must fill a funded (TS/SCI with Poly) position on the Program
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly and SSBI current within 5 years
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Geospatial or related scientific/technical discipline
- 11+ years proven IT SE&I process/large-scale Systems Life Cycle (SLC) applied technical professional experience
- Demonstrated program/project team / personnel leadership experience and expertise
- Demonstrated technical portfolio/project engineering leadership experience and expertise
- Self-starter able to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities delivering efficient staff work
- Strong customer service and teaming skills; ability to collaborate in multi-discipline cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (self-managing) and within a team environment, at all levels
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, client relationship management, multi-tasking, load-balancing skills
- Strong oral, written communications, presentation skills with government and contractor personnel at all levels
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative technical solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (studies and analyses, white papers), and performing AoA's
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving technical and non-technical issues, driving to closure
- Demonstrated ability/experience identifying/solving problems reviewing related information to develop/evaluate options and implement solutions with minimal supervision and/or direction
- Ability to work with customers to resolve technical & programmatic issues & make changes based on customer goals
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Relevant EA/SA (Architect), SE&I (INCOSE), IT (ITIL), Security (CISSP), Agile (Agilist, CSM) certifications; SAFe SME
- 11+ years remote sensing TPED SE&I experience (e.g., working with NGA/GEOINT/GIS/Mission Partner systems/NTM)
- National and Tactical level Persistent GEOINT systems and mission engineering experience
- Working knowledge of NGA acquisition, governance, baseline control, change management/CM processes
- Working knowledge of NSG/ASG Enterprise organizations, portfolios, leadership, architectures, programs, systems
- Experience in GEOINT business methods and mission tradecraft, system activity & data modeling and analysis, info flow/transaction process analysis, risk management, readiness assessment, performance measurement techniques
- Portfolio Management and Integration experience
- Knowledge of NGA Portfolio Initiatives (ABI, GSB, SOM, OBP, OIT, Globe, CS/CE, GEOINT Services, Business Services)
- Experience in commercial/defense industry IT Systems, including product workflows, information operations and assurance, content architectures, data standards, virtual cloud services oriented architectures, industry best practices
- Experience with SAFe model-based/Lean Startup/agile software SE&I using JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye to manage Portfolio/Project/Product Backlogs and SCRUMs, perform Sprint and Release Planning and Retrospectives
- Experience integrating tradition/non-traditional/emerging GEOINT sources into NSG enterprise capabilities
- Experience implementing NGA/IC/DoD integrated intel innovation initiatives, implementation programs/prototypes, Mission Capability & Service Pathfinders, SE&I, user engagement, embedded engineering, agile implementation TTPs
- Knowledgeable of NGA/IC/DoD missions as-is/future vision & experienced in customer mission capabilities & services needs assessment & solutions implementation, user persona templates, developing, implementing SLAs, meeting quality standards, leveraging commercial state of the art techniques for customer needs/satisfaction analysis
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)